Mentoring benefits the organisation, mentors and mentees.
Your organisation benefits by:
- Enhancing strategic business initiatives
- Encouraging retention and reducing turnover costs
- Improving productivity
- Breaking down the “silo” mentality that hinders cooperation between divisions.
- Retaining the corporate history, practical experience and wisdom gained from long-term employees.
- Enhancing professional development.
- Linking employees with valuable knowledge and information to other employees in need of such information
- Creating a mentoring culture, which continuously promotes individual employee growth and development
Mentors enjoy many benefits, including:
- Gaining insights from the mentee’s background and history that can be used in the mentor’s professional and personal development
- Gaining satisfaction from sharing expertise with others
- Re-energising the mentor’s career
- Learning more about other areas within the organization
Mentees enjoy many benefits, including:
- Gaining from the mentor’s expertise
- Receiving critical feedback in key areas, such as communications, interpersonal relationships, technical abilities, change management and leadership skills
- Developing a sharper focus on what is needed to grow professionally within the organization
- Learning specific skills and knowledge that are relevant to personal goals
- Networking with more influential people
- Gaining knowledge about the organization’s culture and unspoken rules that can be critical for success
- Having a sympathetic ear with which to share frustrations as well as successes